Fort Hays State University Picken Hall
for Higher Education
Picken Hall was originally built in 1904 as the first building on the Fort Hays State University campus. They envisioned this space serving as a one-stop space for student services, which we expanded upon with complete renovation in 2010.
The 40,000 square foot renovation created facilities for admissions, financial assistance, academic advising, registrar, counseling, graduate studies and testing. A 1,600 square foot entrance lobby was added while structural repairs, new mechanical systems and new electrical infrastructure brought the building into the modern era.